Q.Can I construct the Cabin Myself ?


A. Yes, if you are a bit of handyman/woman then construction is easy. You will need 2 people to put up the main structure and it should take no more than 2 -3 days to complete a basic cabin after the footings are done. Larger cabins ofcourse take longer to construct.



Q. How long does it take to get my Cabin delivered ?

A: We generally have the most popular 20m2 cabins kit and Deluxe cabin kits in stock. The kits can be delivered within the week. Other models can take between 10 to 12 Weeks to deliver and It can take 14 to 16 weeks for custom design cabin orders.


Q. Is my cabin considered and exempt development ?

Under 10m2 is considered exempt in most states.

A: For NSW : Use this handy tool to check if your cabin under 20m2 for residential or 50m2 for rural may be considered an exempt dwelling : Click Here


Click on your state below to see rules on Garden Sheds in your area.


  NSW   QLD   SA   TAS   VIC   WA



Q. Do I need council approval ?

A. Council rulings vary from state to state : In NSW you are allowed to build a 20m2 Garden Shed , Gazebos  or Cabana's on a residential block of land. Click here for more info. If you intend to use the Cabin as a granny flat or an extra rent then you are best to speak to your local council. Click here for info sheet.



Q. Are our cabins fire retardent ?

A. Please go to PDF below. There are several flame retardent sealers on the market. If you are in a bushfire prone area please contact us for more information. Contact Us

For a downloadable pdf file on the safety of solid timber in fires click here :  } firesafe



Q. Do our cabins require Termite       Protection ?

A. All "Cabin Life" cabins come with treated base timbers and you should always use treated timber posts with ant protection caps or steel posts for base support as you would on any other type of construction. If using a concrete base it is recommend that you install a termite barrier just like you would on any other type of housing.


We also recommend the use of a good quality timber preservative like "Mabons" Timber protection. After a lot of research into different products on the market we have found "Mabons" Timber protection treatment to be definately one of the best environmentally friendly products on the market. It is easy to apply and dries clear so you can seal or paint the cabin as required.

"Mabons Timber Protect" is a total termite protection treatment, a fire retardent and a mould protecter all in one.

Click here to go to  Mabons web site.



Q. What does it mean build price if owner build ?


A. The build price is the cost to construct the cabin kit to lock up. We do small cabins and large cabins and some require council permission and some don’t. As we deliver kits all over Australia we are unable to have licenced builders in every state. So if clients need to go through council and need us to construct their cabin kit up to lock up stage then we have set the price that we are willing to construct the kit for if the client is happy to go as owner builder. Otherwise you

will have to employ a local licenced builder which will cost a lot more.


There is a link to an “Owner Builder” course under FAQ heading. The course will take you around 3-4 hours to do online and will cost you $240. The course is all multiple choice answers.